This is the second part of my Books I’m Excited For series. These are the books I hope beyond hope will be at BEA.
1) Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins. I have waited years for this book and it’s finally coming out this summer. I imagine there will be the world’s longest line for this if it’s actually there.
2) Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult. I actually know that she will be at BEA (for the author tea that celebrates audiobooks) so I hope that this book will be there. (Otherwise, she’ll be signing chapter samplers and that’s too sad to contemplate.)
3) Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King. He doesn’t go to BEA as a rule and I know this. And yet…it comes out June 3, the week after BEA, and his publisher does have it listed as a feature title. This is basically a lottery ticket hope on my part. I know better, and yet…
4) Graduation Day by Joelle Charbonneau. Last year’s BEA had the first two books in this amazing series. I would be the happiest Kelly if I could manage to get the third this year.
5) The Fever by Megan Abbott. I am late to the Megan Abbott party but everyone I know raves about her. I shall start here.
6) All Fall Down by Jennifer Weiner. I mentioned this yesterday, but I love her.
7) Complicit by Stephanie Kuehn. This sounds fantastic. Her debut got great reviews, but I haven’t read it yet. I plan to start here and work my way back.
8) Landline by Rainbow Rowell. I fully intend to camp out for this one.
9) Lies My Girlfriend Told Me by Julie Anne Peters. Her books are amazing, and this one sounds so intense.
10) Untitled by Liane Moriarty. Her last two books have been phenomenal. I can’t wait for this one (and for it to get a title).
11) One Plus One by Jojo Moyes. I want to read everything she’s ever written.
12) Famous in Love by Rebecca Serle. This sounds so fun!
13) Those Who Wish Me Dead by Michael Koryta. I got my first book of his at BEA my first year. His books are always excellent.
14) The Forgotten Girls by Sara Blaedel. This isn’t out until February but some publishers release titles that far out. I love her books so much and I miss her characters.
15) That Night by Chevy Stevens. She’s a must-read author for me and, if you like suspense, she’ll become one for you, too.