Kendare Blake was kind enough to stop by and discuss One Dark Throne (out next year)!
1) What is the Twitter pitch? ONE DARK THRONE: The Quickening is over, and after betrayals, misunderstandings, and revelations, the queens are out for blood.
2) What gift would you like to have? After much thought, I would like to be a naturalist, because I’m pretty casual, manners-wise, and I’m big on animals, and sometimes I get so PISSED waiting for my avocados to be ripe enough to use.
3) Would you be the last queen standing? Maybe. I certainly wouldn’t back off just because my opponent was my sister. Her or me, she’s going down! Unless she was like, going to be such a great queen. Then I might be noble about it.
And the questions I ask everyone:
4) What 2017 releases are you excited for? This is a total cheat because it doesn’t come out until 2018, but she’s my pal and I will probably get to read it early in 2017, so I’m excited for THE BONELESS MERCIES by April Genevieve Tucholke. Gender-flipped Beowulf. Beo-she-wulf, we called it for awhile. Norse girl mercenaries. Badass.
5) What are you reading now? I’m reading HEARTLESS by the wonderful and amazing Marissa Meyer. Also, Madam Bovary, by the wonderful and amazing(?) Gustave Flaubert
6) If you could make one book mandatory, what would it be? Just one? JUST ONE? Reading for pleasure should just be mandatory. It just should. But I guess…no. I can’t pick one
7) What are your five favorite books? You can pick authors, if that’s easier. I have too many favorites, but here are a few I haven’t mentioned in awhile: WE DON’T LIVE HERE ANYMORE by Andre Dubus, NOT A DROP TO DRINK by Mindy McGinnis, IT by Stephen King, VAMPIRES IN THE LEMON GROVE by Karen Russell, and MIDWINTERBLOOD by Marcus Sedgwick.