This was seriously the hardest category to pick!
10) Bittersweet by Sarah Ockler. I discovered her books because of a would-be censor. It’s so awful to say, but I am grateful to that crazy man. Her books are amazing and this one is no exception. (Emphasis on the sweet, not the bitter.)
9) I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga. This book was ridiculously insane and over-the-top scary. I can’t wait to read the sequel in April!
8) Purity by Jackson Pearce. This reminded me of the similarly-named and themed Pure. That’s high praise. :)
7) Boy21 by Matthew Quick. Matthew Quick is one of the most underrated authors around. His books are clever and funny and rip your heart out sad in parts. I cannot recommend him highly enough.
6) In Honor by Jessi Kirby. I discovered Jessi Kirby last year; this book has cemented her on my “favorites” list.
5) Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson. Almost as good as Amy & Roger’s Epic Detour! I love her books so much.
4) Unraveling Isobel and The Almost Truth by Eileen Cook. Impossible to pick, so I choose both. :) (Read her backlist, too!)
3) Tilt by Ellen Hopkins. Another heartbreaking book but so amazingly good.
2) Skinny by Donna Cooner. I loved this book beyond all reason. I bet you will, too.
1) The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. Obviously.