I recently registered for BEA, which means that all thoughts now turn to BEA. ;)
While I find that a lot of my favorite books from any given BEA were impulse grabs, here’s what I hope to snag at this year’s BEA. (Now just a shade over four months away!)
1) Sisterland by Curtis Sittenfeld. I have been waiting for what feels like forever for her to write a book after American Wife, which I LOVED. And how awesome does it sound?! It comes out in late June, but hopefully I can get it almost a month early.
2) Truly Madly Deadly by Hannah Jayne. It sounds SO CREEPY! And I am in the mood for creepy.
3) The Big Reap by Chris F. Holm. I fell in love with this series last year, and I can’t wait for the third book.
4) Finding Colin Firth by Mia March. The Meryl Streep Movie Club was one of my favorite debut novels last year and I have high hopes for this one.
5) Brilliance by Marcus Sakey. I have been waiting for years—YEARS!—for a new novel from him. He’s one of my top five favorite suspense authors and since each book has gotten better and more intense, this one may be the death of me.
6) Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock by Matthew Quick. He quickly became one of my favorite authors after I read his first YA novel and this sounds amazing.
7) Omens by Kelley Armstrong. This sounds like the best, creepiest novel ever.
8) Gameboard of the Gods by Richelle Mead. This had me at “ritualistic murders.”
9) Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins. I don’t know if I can possibly be that lucky, but I hope I am. ;)
10) Smoke by Ellen Hopkins. This is the sequel to Burned, my favorite novel of hers.